Ovenden to head digital risk team
The International Underwriting Association (IUA) has elected a chairman
for its new digital risk working party.
Tuesday, 13th November 2001 - Royal & SunAlliance (R&SA) underwriter
and claims consultant David Ovenden will head up the committee to identify
potential problems new technology can cause to reinsurers.
In September, Insurance Times revealed the IUA was forming the committee
in response to reinsurers’ concerns over technological threats such as the
Two weeks ago, the group had its first meeting and agreed its remit, which
includes supporting members to protect themselves against difficulties related
to e-commerce and discussing how reinsurers can offer insurance to cover cyber
liabilities such as hack attacks.
The working party, which aims to demystify digital risk, has also decided
to hold a half-day seminar and issue a code of best practice. Its committee
- Chris Baines, mi2g director of business development
- Mark Baker, IUA manager, committee support
- Geoff Banks, Gerling manager and property underwriter
- Roy Brown, IUA manager, information technology and communications
- David Umbers, Safeonline product development team
- Andrew Shefford, Ernst & Young senior manager, information systems assurance
and advisory services
- DK Matai, mi2g chairman and chief executive officer
- Michael Wrightman, XL Re deputy casualty underwriter
- Andrea Pound, IUA spokeswoman.